Nature of the Training
The UF training program provides fellows with full exposure to all aspects of gastroenterology. As a part of this training, fellows are urged to obtain advanced training (i.e., second tier training) in one of the following areas:
- Advanced Procedures (including ERCP and EUS)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Finally, the UF Division of Digestive and Liver Diseases maintains an active clinical and basic research environment. Trainees wishing to pursue academic careers will be provided with all the protected time necessary.
- Full exposure to all procedures performed by gastroenterologists is provided to fellows during the course of their training.
- Depending on an individual’s interests and academic potential, competency in all procedures including those identified as “3rd tier” can be attained during the 3 year training period.
- Regardless of career interests, all trainees receive training in general procedures far in excess of what is required by the ASGE.