Your digestive system is a miracle of muscles, valves, digestive juices and nutrient absorption.
The synchronized, wave-like movement of your digestive system’s muscles, which push food through the various parts of the system, is known as motility. Disturbances of gastrointestinal motility can cause a variety of symptoms, pain or discomfort and a loss of nutrient absorption.
The GI Motility Program at University of Florida provides referring physicians with complete tests of motility and gastro-intestinal functioning. The test summaries are available within 24 hours. Our comprehensive reports provide an analysis of motility tracings and expert comments.
The GI Motility Program offers the latest technologies for diagnosing motility disorders, including:
- High-resolution Esophageal Manometry Study
- 24-Hour Esophageal pH Study
- 24-Hour Esophageal pH/Impedance Study
- 48-Hour Esophageal Bravo pH Study (schedule with EGD)
- 96-Hour Esophageal Bravo pH Study (schedule with EGD)
- High-Resolution Anorectal Manometry
- Secretin Test for Pancreatic disease
- Secretin Infusion (Gastrin Levels to r/o Z/E)
- Sitz marker (Complete Radiology form for X-ray)
- 14C D-xylose Breah Test (r/o Sml Bwl Overgrwth)
- H. Pylori Breath Test
- Hydrogen Breath Test
- SmartPill – Motility/pH capsule
- 3D High-resolution anorectal manometry
- Capsule Endoscopy