See available open clinical trials in hepatology.
See our latest publications.
Basic Research Labs
Angela Dolganiuc, M.D, PhD
- Cellular and molecular biology of innate immunity
- Liver immunology and metabolism
- Identification of the mechanism of fatty liver
- Identification of novel biomarkers of fatty liver
Roniel Cabrera, M.D., M.S.
- Natural history of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and impact of therapy
- Biomarkers of HCC development
- Immunoregulatory aspects of HCC
Chen Liu, M.D., Ph.D.
- Development of novel therapy in liver cancer and high potential metastatic tumors
- Biomarkers discovery
- Immunotherapy for liver cancer
Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI)
- The GI/Hepatobiliary Clinical Research Unit (CRU) is highly regarded, attracting a wide range of clinical and translational investigators. This CRU comprises five thematically related groups focused on, or using techniques relevant to, problems in gastroenterology. These groups are: GI Cancer, Inflammation, Liver Disorders/Virology, Nutrition/Metabolism, and Clinical Investigation.
- The active clinical research operations of the GI CRU make unique patient populations and tissues available to the research community.
Resources available to investigators include consultative expertise, clinical coordinators, regulatory personnel, and complete research staffing.