Our GI endoscopy unit is equipped with the latest technology and spacious state-of-the-art interventional endoscopy rooms.
Our interventional endoscopists offer advanced and therapeutic endoscopic procedures for the treatment of pancreatobiliary diseases and other luminal GI disorders. We utilize the latest devices and technology available for the treatment of both benign and malignant gastrointestinal disorders. Our interventional endoscopy service has a multidisciplinary approach with close collaboration with our colleagues in surgery, oncology, radiology and other specialties working together to provide patients with the best in personalized care. Our team performs cutting-edge scientific research to improve prevention, detection, treatment, and outcomes of gastrointestinal disorders.
Interventional Endoscopy Faculty
Chris Forsmark M.D.
Professor of Medicine; Chief
Tiffany Y Chua
CLIN AST PROF
Peter V Draganov M.D.
Professor Of Medicine
Anand Gupte MD, MS, FASGE
Clinical Associate Professor
Aleksey A Novikov M.D.
CLIN AST PROF
Nakechand Pooran M.D.
Clinical Associate Professor & VA Faculty
Bashar Qumseya M.D., M.P.H., F.A.S.G.E.
Interventional Endoscopy Services
Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Biliary stones and strictures
- Pancreatic endotherapy
- Pancreatobiliary stent placement
- Cholangioscopy and pancreatoscopy (Spyglass ERCP)
- ERCP in post-surgical anatomy
- Combined laparoscopic-endoscopic procedures
Endoscopic Ultrasonography (EUS)
- EUS staging of gastrointestinal cancers
- Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA)
- Evaluation of subepithelial lesions
- EUS guided fiducial placement for radiation therapy
- EUS guided celiac plexus block/neurolysis
- EUS guided pancreatic pseudocyst drainage
- EUS guided rendezvous ERCP
Deep small bowel enteroscopy
- Spirus-overtube assisted Enteroscopy
- Single-Balloon Enteroscopy
Endoscopic therapies for Barrett’s esophagus and early cancers:
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection (EMR)
- Radiofrequency Ablation (Barrx)
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL) for pancreatic stones
- Endoscopic treatment of Zenker’s diverticulum
- Complex stricture dilation
- Esophageal, duodenal and colonic stenting
- Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection (ESD)
- Per-Oral Endoscopic Myotomy (POEM) for achalasia