The GI Fellowship program seeks to select, develop, and mentor young physicians in a thoughtful and scholarly manner.
The University of Florida Gastroenterology Fellowship Program trains physicians to provide patient centered, high quality health care in an academic gastroenterology practice. Our goal is to promote education and research as part of the professional development of the trainee to prepare the next generation of gastroenterologist and hepatologists to be experts in subspecialty care.
- To maintain a high standard of clinical training in the cognitive and technical skills required of a gastroenterologist.
- To recruit trainees with strong academic backgrounds and interest in research.
- To leverage divisional expertise in sub-specialty areas of gastroenterology such as IBD, motility, liver and pancreatic diseases to enhance knowledge and the training experience.
- To develop physicians who have the knowledge, skills, and attitudes to provide expert subspecialty care as a consultant in gastroenterology.
- To train physicians interested in careers in an academic gastroenterology practice.
- To promote professional and career development of the gastroenterology trainee.
Fellowship Contact Information
Sending a written request:
Attn: Tiffany Rhoden
Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL 32610
Office Phone: 352.273.9472
Email: Gastroenterology Fellowship Information